gives the n triangular number .
gives the n r-gonal number .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- PolygonalNumber[n] is generically defined as .
- PolygonalNumber[r,n] is generically defined as .
- PolygonalNumber[r,n] can be interpreted as the number of points arranged in the form of n-1 polygons of r sides. For instance for r=3 and n=4:
- PolygonalNumber automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Properties & Relations (9)
Introduced in 2016