gives a string of text corresponding to a spoken representation of the expression expr.
Details and Options
- SpokenString[expr] works with mathematical expressions, programs, graphics, and other constructs.
- SpokenString[HoldForm[expr]] gives a representation of the held form of expr, without evaluation.
- SpokenString attempts to give naturally worded speech rather than literal representations of expression structure.
- The following options can be given:
"ArraySizeLimit" Infinity maximal number of elements of an array or arguments of a function "DetailedGraphics" False controls the description of graphics primitives "ExpressionDepthLimit" Infinity maximal depth of an expression allowed in the output "IncludeParentheses" False controls the delimiting of subexpressions "IntegerLimit" Infinity maximal integer that will be given with all its digits "PostProcess" True whether to remove special formatting used by Speak from the output "RealPrecisionLimit" 3 how many significant digits to include in approximate numbers "StringLengthLimit" Infinity maximal number of characters in strings and symbol names
- "ArraySizeLimit" and "ExpressionDepthLimit" control the size of all output expressions, including the representation of graphics.
- The options controlling the size specify the level of complexity at which to begin eliding parts of the output rather than the exact count of elements in the output.
- SpokenString["str"] always returns "str". SpokenString[HoldForm["str"]] returns a processed version of the string, affected by the options.
- SpokenString[Unevaluated[expr]] also gives a representation of the held form of expr.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Wolfram Research (2008), SpokenString, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SpokenString.html (updated 2012).
Wolfram Language. 2008. "SpokenString." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2012. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SpokenString.html.
Wolfram Language. (2008). SpokenString. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SpokenString.html