represents all the information needed for encryption, decryption, and other operations in a symmetric cryptographic system.
- SymmetricKey objects can be used with functions such as Encrypt and Decrypt.
- A single SymmetricKey object can be used for both encryption and decryption.
- In SymmetricKey[assoc], the association assoc contains the following:
"Cipher" cipher used "Key" key as a ByteArray "KeySize" size of key in bits "InitializationVector" initialization vector as a ByteArray or None "BlockMode" block chaining mode for block ciphers
- Possible methods are as listed for GenerateSymmetricKey.
- When used in Encrypt, the setting "InitializationVector"->None specifies that Encrypt should generate a new initialization vector whenever it is called.
- SymmetricKey[assoc]["prop"] gives the specified element of assoc. It is equivalent to assoc["prop"].
- SymmetricKey[…]["Parameters"] gives all the information contained in the object, as an association.
- SymmetricKey[…]["Properties"]gives a list of available properties.
Basic Examples (1)
You can retrieve keys and values from the associations with the SymmetricKey object:
Wolfram Research (2015), SymmetricKey, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SymmetricKey.html (updated 2020).
Wolfram Language. 2015. "SymmetricKey." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2020. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SymmetricKey.html.
Wolfram Language. (2015). SymmetricKey. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/SymmetricKey.html