prints as a version of expr.
- TeXForm produces AMS-La‐compatible output.
- When an input evaluates to TeXForm[expr], TeXForm does not appear in the output. »
- TeXForm translates standard mathematical functions and operations.
- TeXForm[expr] is equivalent to TeXForm[TraditionalForm[expr]]. TeXForm[StandardForm[expr]] can be used to get StandardForm output. »
- Symbols with names like alpha and ALPHA that correspond to symbols are translated into their corresponding symbols. »
- Following standard mathematical conventions, single‐character symbol names are given in italic font, while multiple character names are given in roman font.
- Wolfram Language special characters are translated whenever possible to their equivalents.
Examplesopen allclose all
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
TeXForm gives the representation of the TraditionalForm expression:
Obtain the representation of the expression in StandardForm:
Properties & Relations (5)
Use ToExpression to convert back to Wolfram Language syntax:
Use ToExpression to convert from to the Wolfram Language:
The following expression will evaluate:
Use HoldForm to convert unevaluated expressions:
Add formatting via Format:
Use Export to generate a compilable document:
When an input evaluates to TeXForm[expr], TeXForm does not appear in the output:
Possible Issues (1)
Even when an output omits TeXForm from the top level, it is not stripped from subexpressions:
The output does not have TeXForm in it:
However, the variable e does have TeXForm in it, which may affect subsequent evaluations:
The product is not evaluated due to the intervening TeXForm:
Assign variables first and then apply TeXForm to the result to maintain computability:
Wolfram Research (1988), TeXForm, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TeXForm.html (updated 2004).
Wolfram Language. 1988. "TeXForm." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2004. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TeXForm.html.
Wolfram Language. (1988). TeXForm. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TeXForm.html