prints as a version of expr.
- TeXForm produces AMS-La‐compatible output.
- TeXForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
- TeXForm translates standard mathematical functions and operations.
- TeXForm[expr] is equivalent to TeXForm[TraditionalForm[expr]]. TeXForm[StandardForm[expr]] can be used to get StandardForm output. »
- Symbols with names like alpha and ALPHA that correspond to symbols are translated into their corresponding symbols. »
- Following standard mathematical conventions, single‐character symbol names are given in italic font, while multiple character names are given in roman font.
- Wolfram Language special characters are translated whenever possible to their equivalents.
Examplesopen allclose all
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Properties & Relations (5)
Use ToExpression to convert back to Wolfram Language syntax:
Use ToExpression to convert from to the Wolfram Language:
Use HoldForm to convert unevaluated expressions:
Add formatting via Format:
Use Export to generate a compilable document:
Splice can be used to convert expressions in a file:
Splice inserts the result of the integral: