Notable modern and historical ships.
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
Beam beam overall Builder builder BuilderCountry builder country Class class Crew crew DateBeganOperation start date of operation DateCommissioned date commissioned DateLaidDown date laid down DateLaunched date launched Depth depth Displacement displacement Draught draught EntityClasses entity classes HistoricalNames historical names Image image Length length overall MaximumSpeed maximum speed Name name Operator operator Owners owners PassengersTotal total passengers PortOfRegistry ports of registry Shipwreck shipwreck Tonnage tonnage TotalCapacity total capacity Type type
- "Ship" entities include operational, retired, scrapped and sunken vessels that were designed to transport passengers or goods across oceans and other bodies of water.
- "Ship" entity classes include shipwrecks, cruise ships and aircraft carriers.
- Some properties are available for the "Ship" entity type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["Ship",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "SampleEntityClasses" a sample list of available entity classes (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyClasses" the list of available property classes "PropertyClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available property classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["Ship",property,annotation]:
"Source" source information for the property "Date" the date associated with the entity-property value (if any) "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values
- The following annotations can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Qualifiers" the list of possible qualifiers for the property "QualifierValues" the list of possible values that can be given to each qualifier "DefaultQualifierValues" the list of default values for the property's qualifiers "Description" a brief textual description of the property "Definition" a detailed textual definition of the property "PhysicalQuantity" the physical quantity associated with the entity-property value "Unit" the unit associated with the entity-property value
- A qualifier value of Automatic indicates that an applicable format of values can be used; e.g. for the "Date" qualifier, this includes a proper date or date span.
Introduced in 2019