- Export fully supports the EMF format.
- Microsoft EMF format.
- Image file format.
- Used by the Windows operating system and by Microsoft applications as a graphics resource format.
- EMF is an acronym derived from Enhanced Metafile.
- Binary format.
- Stores vector graphics, raster graphics, and text.
- Stores image data as calls to the Windows graphical device interface (GDI), uncompressed Device Dependent Bitmaps, or uncompressed Device Independent Bitmaps.
- Successor of the 16-bit WMF format.
Import & Export
- Export["file.emf",expr] exports arbitrary vector or raster graphics or typeset expressions to the EMF format.
- Export["file.emf",Graphics[…] ] creates an EMF file representing a Wolfram Language Graphics object.
- Since EMF supports vector graphics, fonts are not rasterized when exporting to EMF.
- See the reference pages for full general information on Export.
- ExportString supports the EMF format.
- Data representation element:
"Graphics" exports arbitrary graphics to EMF
- Export uses the "Graphics" element by default.
Introduced in 2007