gives the arc secant of the complex number .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- All results are given in radians.
- For real outside the interval to , the results are always in the range to , excluding .
- For certain special arguments, ArcSec automatically evaluates to exact values.
- ArcSec can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- ArcSec automatically threads over lists.
- ArcSec[z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
Introduced in 1988