is a low-level formatting construct that represents in notebook expressions.
Details and Options
- Inside ∖(…∖)FractionBox[x,y] can be input as x∖/y.
- In a notebook a FractionBox can be created using . moves out of the fraction.
- In StandardForm and InputForm, FractionBox[x,y] is interpreted on input as x/y.
- The axis of FractionBox[x,y] is taken to go through the fraction line. The baseline lies below the axis by the distance between the axis and the bottom of characters such as ( in the current font.
- The width of the fraction line can be given in x heights as the setting for the SpanLineThickness option in StyleBox.
- If FractionBox[x,y] does not fit on a single line, it is output as x/y.
- In StandardForm, explicit FractionBox objects are output literally. You can use DisplayForm to see the display form of such objects.
Introduced in 1996