BUILT-IN WOLFRAM LANGUAGE SYMBOL
plots a curve that corresponds to a smooth path through the specified points.
- ListCurvePathPlot attempts to reconstruct smooth curves defined by the specified set of points.
- The curves are independent of the order in which points are supplied to ListCurvePathPlot.
- Curves can "fold over", and do not need to have a single value for a given value.
- If the set of points supplied to ListCurvePathPlot follows a given smooth curve sufficiently closely, ListCurvePathPlot will always reconstruct the curve.
- ListCurvePathPlot can generate disconnected curves in certain cases.
- ListCurvePathPlot has the same options as Graphics, with the following additions and changes:
- ListCurvePathPlot yields a curve that fits the data provided, but may not necessarily contain all the points specified by the data.
Randomly sample points on a circle:
Find a smooth curve through the points:
Join the points in the order they were given:
Use a theme with detailed ticks and grid lines:
Use a theme with simple ticks in a bold color scheme:
Introduced in 2008
| Updated in 2014