represents a resource with the specified name.
represents a resource with the specified UUID.
gives a resource with content and metadata specified by the association assoc.
Details and Options
- Resources can be stored locally, in the cloud, or in a global resource repository.
- ResourceObject[str] searches first locally, then in a user's cloud account, and then in global resource repositories.
- Data in a resource is typically not explicitly retrieved until it is requested.
- ResourceData[ResourceObject[…]] gives the primary content of a resource. Get[ResourceObject[…]] gives the same result.
- ResourceData[ResourceObject[…],elem] gives a particular element of the content of a resource.
- Normal[ResourceObject[…]] gives the metadata for a resource, as an association.
- The association specifying a resource can have the following entries:
"Content" actual content of the resource "ContentLocation" actual content location (CloudObject, LocalObject, ...) "Name" name of the resource "UUID" UUID of the resource "RepositoryLocation" location of the original repository for the resource "ResourceLocations" locations where the resource can be accessed "ResourceType" type of resource (e.g. "Data") "ContentElements" elements available in the content "ContentSize" size of the content "ContentType" type of the primary content "Version" version specification for resource "Attributes" attributes associated with the resource "DefaultContentElement" the default content element returned by ResourceData "Keywords" list of search terms for the resource "Categories" list of categories for the resource "SourceMetadata" information about the origin of the resource's content
- All entries other than "Content" and "ContentLocation" are considered as metadata. "Content" and "ContentLocation" are specified only when a resource object is constructed with ResourceObject[assoc].
- When constructing a resource object with multiple content elements, the following entries can be given, with each entry consistent of an association giving values for each of the content elements:
"ContentElementLocations" actual locations of content elements "ContentElements" actual content of the content elements "ContentElementFunctions" functions for generating content from other elements
- For resources in the Wolfram Data Repository, "SourceMetadata" consists of an association whose keys are based on a subset of properties from the Dublin Core metadata standard:
"Creator" any person, organization, or group that is primarily responsible for the creation of the content "Contributor" any person, organization, or group that contributed to the creation of the content but was not primarily responsible for it "Coverage" spatial and/or temporal coverage of the data "Date" date or dates primarily associated with the data, such as creation, publication, or revision dates "Description" general description of the original source "Language" language of the original source "Publisher" publisher, person, or organization that made the source publicly available "Rights" description of or link to license information for the original source "Source" hyperlink or other reference to the source of the data as a whole "Title" title of the original source
- ResourceObject[…]["Properties"] gives a list of available metadata items for a resource.
- Options and SetOptions can be used with settable properties of ResourceObject.