represents a time or frequency domain sound soft boundary condition for PDEs with predicate pred indicating where it applies, with model variables vars and global parameters pars.
represents a time or frequency domain boundary condition with local parameters specified in pars[lkey].
- AcousticSoundSoftCondition specifies a boundary condition for AcousticPDEComponent.
- AcousticSoundSoftCondition is used to set the pressure of the medium equal to the ambient reference pressure. The outlet of a waveguide such as an acoustic horn is modeled with a AcousticSoundSoftCondition.
- The time domain sound soft condition AcousticSoundSoftCondition models .
- The frequency domain sound soft condition AcousticSoundSoftCondition models .
- A pressure boundary can be used with:
analysis type applicable Time Domain Yes Frequency Domain Yes Eigenfrequency Yes
- AcousticSoundSoftCondition evaluates to a DirichletCondition.
- The boundary predicate pred can be specified as in DirichletCondition.
- If the AcousticSoundSoftCondition depends on parameters that are specified in the association pars as …,keypi…,pivi,…], the parameters are replaced with .
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Set up an acoustic sound soft boundary:
Define model variables vars for a transient acoustic pressure field with model parameters pars:
Define initial conditions ics of a right-going plane wave :
Set up the equation with an acoustic sound soft boundary at the right end:
Define model variables vars for a frequency domain acoustic pressure field with model parameters pars:
Set up the equation with a radiation boundary at the left end and an acoustic absorbing boundary at the right end:
Visualize the solution in the frequency domain at various frequencies :
Wolfram Research (2020), AcousticSoundSoftCondition, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/AcousticSoundSoftCondition.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "AcousticSoundSoftCondition." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/AcousticSoundSoftCondition.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). AcousticSoundSoftCondition. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/AcousticSoundSoftCondition.html