evaluates expr in the cloud and returns the result.
wraps the head h around the result before returning it.
Details and Options
- CloudEvaluate has attribute HoldFirst.
- CloudEvaluate[expr] automatically includes all definitions needed to evaluate expr, much like CloudSave.
- CloudEvaluate has the following option:
CloudBase Automatic what cloud to do the evaluation in IncludeDefinitions True whether to automatically include dependencies
- With IncludeDefinitionsTrue, definitions required for the evaluation of expr will automatically be sent to the cloud through CloudEvaluate.
- With IncludeDefinitions->False, definitions required for the evaluation of expr must be loaded and evaluated explicitly during the evaluation of expr.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Evaluate on a specific cloud without changing $CloudBase:
Properties & Relations (3)
CloudEvaluate shows any messages raised during the evaluation:
However, any other notebook manipulations, such as printed output, are not reproduced:
In a cloud evaluation, $CloudEvaluation is set to True:
Individual cloud evaluations typically run in separate processes:
Using CloudEvaluate during a cloud evaluation always runs in the same process:
Possible Issues (1)
The result of the cloud evaluation is subject to evaluation in the local session. Multiple evaluations can result in multiple messages:
Apply the head Hold to prevent the second, local evaluation:
Wolfram Research (2014), CloudEvaluate, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudEvaluate.html (updated 2019).
Wolfram Language. 2014. "CloudEvaluate." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2019. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudEvaluate.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). CloudEvaluate. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/CloudEvaluate.html