evaluates expr in the cloud and returns the result.
wraps the head h around the result before returning it.
Details and Options
- CloudEvaluate has attribute HoldFirst.
- CloudEvaluate[expr] automatically includes all definitions needed to evaluate expr, much like CloudSave.
- CloudEvaluate has the following option:
CloudBase Automatic what cloud to do the evaluation in IncludeDefinitions True whether to automatically include dependencies
- With IncludeDefinitionsTrue, definitions required for the evaluation of expr will automatically be sent to the cloud through CloudEvaluate.
- With IncludeDefinitions->False, definitions required for the evaluation of expr must be loaded and evaluated explicitly during the evaluation of expr.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Evaluate on a specific cloud without changing $CloudBase:
Properties & Relations (3)
CloudEvaluate shows any messages raised during the evaluation:
Using CloudEvaluate during a cloud evaluation always runs in the same process:
Possible Issues (1)
Apply the head Hold to prevent the second, local evaluation: