gives the result of evaluating expr using your current default remote Wolfram Language kernel.
gives the result of evaluating expr using the kernel specified by ker.
gives a list of the results of evaluating expr using each of the kernels keri.
wraps the head h around the result produced before returning it.
Details and Options
- RemoteEvaluate has attribute HoldAll.
- RemoteEvaluate[expr] uses the kernel given by $DefaultRemoteKernel.
- RemoteEvaluate has the following options:
IncludeDefinitions True whether to automatically include dependencies
- With IncludeDefinitionsTrue, definitions required for the evaluation of expr will automatically be sent to the remote kernel.
- With IncludeDefinitions->False, definitions required for the evaluation of expr must be loaded and evaluated explicitly during the evaluation of expr.
- Kernels are specified using RemoteKernelObject, or short string forms.
- The following remote kernel string forms are recognized:
"ssh://user@hostname:port/path" a kernel on the given machine, accessed using SSH "ssh://hostname" use the default path, user and port on the given machine "hostname" equivalent to "ssh://hostname" "wstp://server:port/pool" a kernel on a WSTPServer "wstp://server" use the default port and kernel pool "localhost" a kernel on the same machine "https://www.wolframcloud.com/" a kernel in the Wolfram Cloud
- The path in "ssh://host/path" is the absolute path of a suitable kernel command. If "path" is not given, the command "wolfram" needs to be in the remote shell search path. Often this is "/usr/local/bin/wolfram".
- Ssh cannot ask for passwords interactively. Keys can be specified, or an ssh password agent can be used.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Each instance of RemoteEvaluate launches a new kernel, which is discarded after the evaluation:
SSH Kernels (4)
WSTPServer Kernels (3)
Cloud Kernels (2)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Prevent the evaluation of the result received by wrapping it in Hold:
Properties & Relations (2)
Wolfram Research (2020), RemoteEvaluate, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RemoteEvaluate.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "RemoteEvaluate." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RemoteEvaluate.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). RemoteEvaluate. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/RemoteEvaluate.html