represents a task in which expr is continuously reevaluated.
represents a task in which expr is continuously reevaluated until the time specified by end.
represents a task in which expr is continuously reevaluated over the time span tspan.
Details and Options
- CloudSubmit[ContinuousTask[expr]] submits expr for continuous reevaluation in the cloud, starting immediately.
- Unless they contain blocking functions or Pause specifications, continuous tasks will typically make use of all available processor resources.
- ContinuousTask is intended primarily for private cloud installations, not the public Wolfram Cloud.
- If the evaluation of expr leads to abnormal termination or yields $Failed or a Failure object, a series of restarts will be attempted after progressively longer time intervals.
- Continuous tasks can be controlled using functions like TaskSuspend and TaskResume.
- The following options can be given:
NotificationFunction Automatic how to provide notifications RestartInterval Automatic how long to wait before restarting after failure TimeZone Automatic time zone for time specifications
- In ContinuousTask[expr,end], end can be a DateObject or any other date and time specifier.
- In ContinuousTask[expr,tspan], tspan can be any Quantity object representing a time span.
Basic Examples (2)
Wolfram Research (2015), ContinuousTask, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ContinuousTask.html (updated 2017).
Wolfram Language. 2015. "ContinuousTask." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2017. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ContinuousTask.html.
Wolfram Language. (2015). ContinuousTask. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ContinuousTask.html