gives a content object whose content is string.
gives a content object with a sequence of fields with names namei and values vali.
- Properties of content objects can be obtained using ContentObject[…]["property"].
- Possible properties can include:
"CreationDate" creation date for file or content object "FileByteCount" size of the content of the object on disk, in bytes "FileExtension" the file extension, e.g. ".txt" "FileName" original file name, excluding directory "FileSize" size as a Quantity object "Location" location of the original source as a string "ModificationDate" modification date for file or content object "Plaintext" content converted to a string "ReferenceLocation" cloud-accessible URL to use to reference this content "Score" score assigned to the content object in a search "Snippet" snippet of the content "SnippetSource" cloud-accessible document path for producing snippets
- Some properties, such as "Snippet", are typically only computed when requested.
- When a content object is created from a file, the "Plaintext" property will typically be computed by first importing the file.
- ContentObject[…] can be used in the input to CreateSearchIndex.
Basic Examples (3)
TextSearch with "ContentObject" as third argument returns a list of content objects:
It is also possible to use the Snippet function:
A ContentObject can contain a string:
ContentObject contains metadata: