returns the most recently collected default item from a device.
returns a list of the n most recently collected items.
returns the n most recently collected values of param.
returns a list of the most recently collected values of the parami.
- A device can be specified either by a DeviceObject or by a string representing a device class.
- Only devices from which data is continuously collected support DeviceReadLatest.
- DeviceReadLatest is a non-blocking function. It uses data already collected from a device, and does not request additional data.
- DeviceReadLatest[device,n] may return a list shorter than n elements if not enough pre-collected data is available.
- DeviceReadLatest[device,n] returns data with the oldest first in the list.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Configure a weather station device for reading the ambient illuminance:
Wolfram Research (2014), DeviceReadLatest, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadLatest.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "DeviceReadLatest." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadLatest.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). DeviceReadLatest. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/DeviceReadLatest.html