gives the discrete Hadamard transform of list.
Details and Options
- DiscreteHadamardTransform is also known as Walsh transform and Walsh-Hadamard transform.
- The discrete Hadamard transform of a list of length is by default defined to be , where , is the bit in the binary representation of the integer , and .
- DiscreteHadamardTransform returns a list that has a power of 2 length. If the length of the input list is not a power of 2, it is zero padded to a length that is the smallest power of 2 greater than .
- DiscreteHadamardTransform takes a Method option. Possible settings are "BitComplement" and "Sequency" (default).
- The forward and inverse Hadamard transforms are identical. »
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Properties & Relations (3)
DiscreteHadamardTransform automatically pads with zeros to the nearest power of 2:
Introduced in 2012
|Updated in 2014