gives the nome q corresponding to the parameter m in an elliptic function.
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- EllipticNomeQ is related to EllipticK by .
- EllipticNomeQ[m] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex m plane running from to .
- For certain special arguments, EllipticNomeQ automatically evaluates to exact values.
- EllipticNomeQ can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- EllipticNomeQ automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (6)
Asymptotic expansion at Infinity:
Numerical Evaluation (4)
Specific Values (5)
Find a value of x for which EllipticNomeQ[x]=0.1:
Plot the EllipticNomeQ function for various parameters:
Function Properties (10)
Real and complex domains of EllipticNomeQ:
EllipticNomeQ threads element-wise over lists:
EllipticNomeQ is not an analytic function:
EllipticNomeQ is nondecreasing over its real domain:
EllipticNomeQ is injective:
EllipticNomeQ is not surjective:
EllipticNomeQ is neither non-negative nor non-positive:
EllipticNomeQ is convex over its real domain:
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
EllipticNomeQ can be applied to power series:
Properties & Relations (6)
Possible Issues (1)
Neat Examples (1)
Riemann surface of EllipticNomeQ:
Wolfram Research (1996), EllipticNomeQ, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EllipticNomeQ.html.
Wolfram Language. 1996. "EllipticNomeQ." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EllipticNomeQ.html.
Wolfram Language. (1996). EllipticNomeQ. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/EllipticNomeQ.html