gives the complete elliptic integral of the first kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- EllipticK is given in terms of the incomplete elliptic integral of the first kind by .
- EllipticK[m] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex m plane running from to .
- For certain special arguments, EllipticK automatically evaluates to exact values.
- EllipticK can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- EllipticK automatically threads over lists.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
Series expansion at Infinity:
Numerical Evaluation (4)
Specific Values (5)
Function Properties (2)
Indefinite integral of EllipticK:
Series Expansions (3)
Integral Transforms (3)
Properties & Relations (4)
Possible Issues (3)
Introduced in 1988