gives the complete elliptic integral .
gives the elliptic integral of the second kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- For , .
- EllipticE[m] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex m plane running from to .
- EllipticE[ϕ,m] has a branch cut discontinuity running along the ray from to infinity.
- For certain special arguments, EllipticE automatically evaluates to exact values.
- EllipticE can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- EllipticE automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988Updated in 1996