gives the distance between example1 and example2 in the feature space defined by extractor.
Details and Options
- FeatureDistance can be used on many types of data, including numerical, textual, sounds, and images, as well as combinations of these.
- The extractor is typically a FeatureExtractorFunction object as generated by FeatureExtraction.
- FeatureDistance[extractor][ex1,ex2] is equivalent to FeatureDistance[ex1,ex2,extractor].
- The following options can be given:
DistanceFunction Automatic the distance to use in the feature space
- The option DistanceFunction can be any distance or dissimilarity function or a function f defining a distance between two values.
- For numeric feature vectors, the default setting is DistanceFunctionEuclideanDistance.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (1)
Compute the distance in the feature space between two images using FeatureDistance:
Generate an operator form of FeatureDistance: