finds a largest k-clan in the graph g.
finds a k-clan containing at most n vertices.
finds a k-clan containing exactly n vertices.
finds a k-clan containing between nmin and nmax vertices.
finds at most s k-clans.
finds k-clans that include the vertex v only.
uses rules vw to specify the graph g.
- A k-clan is a k-clique where the diameter of the corresponding subgraph is at most k.
- FindKClan returns a list of k-clans.
- FindKClan will return an empty list if there is no k-clan.
- FindKClan[…,k,nspec,All] finds all the k-clans.
- FindKClan works with undirected graphs, directed graphs, multigraphs, and mixed graphs.
Background & Context
- FindKClan finds one or more k-clans in a graph, returning them as a list of vertices. Here, a k-clan is a k-clique such that the graph diameter (i.e. the length of the longest possible path between two vertices) of the subgraph induced by the vertices is at most k. k-clans are used in project selection, pattern matching, finance, and network analysis.
- In contrast, FindKClique can be used to find k-cliques of different subgraph diameter, from 1 to the largest possible size (in general n for a graph on n vertices). FindKClique can be used to find a single k-clique of specified subgraph diameter, a specified number of cliques, or all.
- 1-clans are cliques. All k-clans are k-clubs and k-cliques, but the converse is not always true. Related functions include FindClique, FindKClique, FindKClub, and FindKPlex.
Examplesopen allclose all
FindKClan gives an empty list if there is no clan:
Properties & Relations (8)
Compute k-clans using FindKClique:
Wolfram Research (2012), FindKClan, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindKClan.html (updated 2015).
Wolfram Language. 2012. "FindKClan." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2015. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindKClan.html.
Wolfram Language. (2012). FindKClan. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/FindKClan.html