generates a list giving the results of applying f repeatedly, starting with expr, until the results no longer change.
Details and Options
- FixedPointList[f,expr] gives expr as the first element of the list it produces.
- The last two elements in the list produced by FixedPointList are always the same.
- FixedPointList[f,expr,n] stops after at most n steps.
- FixedPointList[f,expr] applies SameQ to successive pairs of results to determine whether a fixed point has been reached.
- FixedPointList[f,expr,…,SameTest->s] applies s to successive pairs of results.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (2)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Properties & Relations (4)
Possible Issues (3)
Neat Examples (1)
Introduced in 1991