starts with expr, then applies f repeatedly until the result no longer changes.
Details and Options
- FixedPoint[f,expr,n] stops after at most n steps.
- FixedPoint always returns the last result it gets.
- You can use Throw to exit from FixedPoint before it is finished.
- FixedPoint[f,expr] applies SameQ to successive pairs of results to determine whether a fixed point has been reached.
- FixedPoint[f,expr,…,SameTest->s] applies s to successive pairs of results.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (3)
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
Properties & Relations (3)
Possible Issues (2)
Introduced in 1988Updated in 1996