- With the setting InheritScope->True, the DynamicModule is connected to a parent DynamicModule that may be in a different cell or notebook, for the purpose of resolving DynamicModule variables.
- With the setting InheritScope->False, a DynamicModule will continue to inherit variable settings from a parent instance that wraps the DynamicModule instance onscreen.
- InheritScope affects the behavior of a DynamicModule output that has been displayed in a notebook. It has no effect on a DynamicModule that is suppressed from being displayed.
- InheritScope only affects evaluations triggered from within the displayed form of another DynamicModule. Such evaluations might be triggered by Dynamic or by operating a control such as Button or ActionMenu.
- If there is no parent DynamicModule, or if the evaluation was triggered by a evaluation, then the setting of InheritScope has no effect.
- The connection between DynamicModule instances established by setting InheritScope->True is sometimes referred to as a "DynamicModule wormhole".
Wolfram Research (2014), InheritScope, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InheritScope.html.
Wolfram Language. 2014. "InheritScope." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InheritScope.html.
Wolfram Language. (2014). InheritScope. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/InheritScope.html