is an option for cells and notebooks which specifies strings of characters that should be replaced immediately on input.
- The default setting of InputAutoReplacements for Input styles typically includes such rules as "->"->"".
- In expression input, automatic replacements can be performed only on strings of characters that correspond to complete input tokens.
- In textual input, automatic replacements can be performed on strings of alphanumeric characters delimited by spaces or other punctuation characters.
- When material is copied from a notebook to the clipboard, replacements specified by ExportAutoReplacements are by default performed. Typically these replacements include ones that reverse the action of the replacements in InputAutoReplacements.
- When material is pasted from the clipboard into a notebook, replacements specified by ImportAutoReplacements are by default performed. Typically these replacements are a subset of those given in InputAutoReplacements.
Basic Examples (1)
Create a notebook that uses exinei as shorthand for ExpIntegralEi:
Introduced in 1999