connects to a WSTP link created by another program.
Details and Options
- LinkConnect by default uses shared memory links.
- The option LinkProtocol allows other data transport protocols to be specified.
- LinkConnect can connect to a port on a remote computer system with the option setting LinkProtocol->"TCPIP".
- LinkConnect returns a LinkObject.
- You can use LinkConnect with LinkCreate to set up peer‐to‐peer communication between two Wolfram System processes.
- LinkConnect can be used to connect to a link created by calling LinkCreate in another Wolfram System process.
- LinkConnect can be used to connect to an external program that has created a WSTP link by calling the appropriate WSTP library functions.
- External programs built from WSTP templates using mcc and mprep can typically create WSTP links whenever they are given -linkcreate command‐line arguments.
- LinkConnect internally calls a function analogous to the WSOpenArgv() function in the WSTP library.
- Even though no program may yet be connected to the other end of the WSTP link, the function LinkConnect will return immediately and will not block.
Introduced in 1996
|Updated in 2007