starts the external program prog and opens a WSTP connection to it.
Details and Options
- LinkLaunch["prog"] runs prog as a subsidiary or child process to your current Wolfram System session.
- You can use a command such as LinkLaunch["math -wstp"] to launch a subsidiary Wolfram Language kernel process from within your Wolfram System session.
- On most computer systems, calling LinkLaunch["prog"] multiple times with the same argument will start several prog processes running.
- On some computer systems, LinkLaunch will bring up a program browser.
- LinkLaunch returns a LinkObject.
- The option LinkProtocol specifies the underlying data transport protocol to use.
- LinkLaunch internally calls a function analogous to the WSOpenArgv() function in the WSTP library.
Wolfram Research (1996), LinkLaunch, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LinkLaunch.html.
Wolfram Language. 1996. "LinkLaunch." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LinkLaunch.html.
Wolfram Language. (1996). LinkLaunch. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/LinkLaunch.html