represents a symbol whose value is persistently stored in the local file system.
represents a persistent symbol corresponding to the local object obj.
- Values can be assigned using LocalSymbol[name]=val or LocalSymbol[name]:=val.
- LocalSymbol[name] evaluates to give the value assigned for LocalSymbol[name].
- Values of local symbols are stored in local objects.
- LocalSymbol["name"] by default references a local object with the specified name within the directory $LocalSymbolBase.
- LocalSymbol["name",base] references a local object relative to the specified base.
- Local symbols can be shared between users if appropriate permissions are set on the underlying file system objects.
- In LocalSymbol["name"], "name" can be any string.
- LocalSymbol[File["path"]] and LocalSymbol[relpath,File["path"]] are also supported.
- Local symbols can be removed with Remove.
Examplesopen allclose all
Generalizations & Extensions (3)
Paths can also be specified with File:
Properties & Relations (3)
Introduced in 2015
|Updated in 2016