gives a binary image in which white pixels correspond to constant extended minima in image.
finds extended minima where the range of values is not greater than h.
applies minima detection to an array of data.
Details and Options
- MinDetect[image] finds regional minima.
- An extended minimum is a connected set of pixels with values less than their surroundings.
- MinDetect[image,h] effectively fills minima of depth h or less and returns all remaining constant regional minima.
- MinDetect[image] is equivalent to MinDetect[image,0].
- MinDetect works with binary, grayscale, and other images.
- MinDetect works with 3D as well as 2D images, and also with data arrays of any rank.
- The following options can be given:
CornerNeighbors True whether to include corner neighbors Padding Automatic padding method to use
- By default, for images white padding is used, and for data arrays the maximum possible number is used so that the minima at the boundary is always detected regardless of the range of data values.
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (2010), MinDetect, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MinDetect.html (updated 2014).
Wolfram Language. 2010. "MinDetect." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2014. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MinDetect.html.
Wolfram Language. (2010). MinDetect. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/MinDetect.html