gives the symbol named "sym" in the primary context of paclet.
wraps the head h around the symbol before returning it.
- PacletSymbol is a convenient shorthand that installs the paclet if necessary, calls Needs on its primary context and evaluates to the named symbol.
- PacletSymbol loads the primary context of the paclet in a way that does not modify $ContextPath.
- For paclets that are not already installed, the paclet is downloaded and loaded in the current session but not installed for future sessions.
- PacletSymbol is a way to sample a paclet's functionality without permanently installing it or adding its context to the context path.
- The paclet argument can have any of the following forms:
"name" name of the paclet or ResourceObject PacletObject[…] a paclet object ResourceObject[…] a resource object of type "Paclet" File[…] a paclet in a given directory
- PacletSymbol accepts the same options as ResourceObject.
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (2021), PacletSymbol, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/PacletSymbol.html.
Wolfram Language. 2021. "PacletSymbol." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/PacletSymbol.html.
Wolfram Language. (2021). PacletSymbol. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/PacletSymbol.html