ResourceFunctionWolfram Function Repository »
represents the function associated with the specified resource.
gives the specified property of the resource.
Details and Options
- ResourceFunction["name"] searches in order for a resource function with the specified name in the following locations:
locally in the session (for resource functions from DefineResourceFunction) at the locations specified by $PersistencePath in the Wolfram Function Repository
- In ResourceFunction[resource], resource can have the following forms:
"name" function name, resolved as described ResourceObject[…] a resource object of type "Function" stored at any location CloudObject[…] a cloud object containing a function resource object LocalObject[…] a local object containing a function resource object
- ResourceFunction[resource][args …] applies the function to the given arguments.
- The available properties are given by ResourceFunction[resource,"Properties"] and typically include properties of the ResourceObject as well as:
"SymbolName" fully qualified string name of the underlying function "FunctionLocation" file, object or method used to store the definition "DocumentationLink" URL for documentation of a published function
- Function definitions in a function resource are typically not explicitly retrieved until the function is used.
- When the definitions for a function resource are retrieved, they are usually cached in $LocalBase.
- ResourceObject[ResourceFunction[…]] returns the resource object containing the given function.
- ResourceFunction[ResourceFunction[…],prop] gives a property for an existing resource function.
- CloudDeploy[ResourceFunction[…]] or CloudPublish[ResourceFunction[…]] saves a resource function in the cloud.
- LocalCache[ResourceFunction[…]] saves a resource function as a LocalObject[…].
- The following functions work on ResourceFunction objects: Attributes, Definition, DownValues, FullDefinition, Options and SymbolName.
- New resource functions can be defined with DefineResourceFunction or with a definition notebook from File ▶ New ▶ Repository Item ▶ Function Repository Item.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (5)
Introduced in 2019