- ResourceVersion typically has a default value of Automatic, which provides the most-recent, locally cached version.
- If no versions are cached, then the latest compatible version is acquired from the resource system.
- ResourceVersion is supported for published resources from any repository including the Function Repository, Data Repository and Neural Net Repository. Versioning is not supported by custom resources not published in a repository, such as those deployed to a specific user's cloud account.
- Version values are strings of the form "x.y.z" where changes in z represent bug fixes, changes in y represent incremental updates and changes in x represent major, potentially breaking changes.
- In addition to strings specifying exact versions, ResourceVersion accepts GreaterThan, LessThan, GreaterEqualThan, LessEqualThan and EqualTo operators. Operators can be combined using And to define more complicated version ranges. When multiple versions match the specification, the latest version compatible with the requesting environment is returned.
- The resource system will only return versions compatible with the requesting environment. Compatibility is based in part on $VersionNumber, $SystemWordLength and $OperatingSystem.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (2)
Wolfram Research (2020), ResourceVersion, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceVersion.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "ResourceVersion." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceVersion.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). ResourceVersion. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ResourceVersion.html