gives the number of distinct primes in n.
Details and Options
- Integer mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- PrimeNu gives the number of distinct prime factors.
- For a number with a unit and primes, PrimeNu[n] returns m.
- With the setting GaussianIntegers->True, PrimeNu gives the number of Gaussian prime factors.
- PrimeNu[m+In] automatically works over Gaussian integers.
Examplesopen allclose all
Numerical Manipulation (4)
Compute PrimeNu over integers:
Basic Applications (2)
Number Theory (5)
Use PrimeNu to test for a prime power:
Plot the average over values of PrimeNu for different ranges of integer arguments:
The Fourier statistics of the PrimeNu sequence:
Properties & Relations (6)
Use FactorInteger to find the number of distinct prime factors:
PrimeNu is an additive function:
PrimeNu gives 1 for a prime power:
Possible Issues (1)
PrimeNu is not defined at 0: