returns the canonical unit associated with the specified quantityvariable.
- QuantityVariableCanonicalUnit returns the canonical unit for the physical quantity of the quantityvariable.
- quantityvariable can be a QuantityVariable, a combination of QuantityVariable objects or the Derivative of a QuantityVariable.
- A unit can be a string or product of strings.
- Supported physical quantities include both physical and chemical quantities such as "Length", "ElectricCurrent", and "ChemicalPotential", as well as mathematical and financial quantities such as "Angle" and "Money".
- Supported units include all those specified by NIST Special Publication 811.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (1)
Use the single- or two-argument form of QuantityVariable:
Introduced in 2014Updated in 2019