computes a measure for the presence of a ridge at every position of data.
uses the specified ridge scale σ.
Details and Options
- RidgeFilter is commonly used to find ridges in images by computing estimates of the main principle curvature at each sample point using Gaussian derivatives. The main principal curvature orthogonal to a ridge is given by the main negative eigenvalue of the Hessian matrix.
- The data can be any of the following:
list 2D or 3D numerical array image arbitrary Image or Image3D object
- In RidgeFilter[data,σ], σ is the scale of the Gaussian derivatives in the Hessian matrix. By default, is used.
- RidgeFilter[image,…] returns a real image of the same dimensions as image.
- RidgeFilter takes the following options used in the computation of the Hessian matrix:
InterpolationOrder Automatic interpolation order Padding "Fixed" padding method
- Possible settings for the InterpolationOrder option are 3, 4, 5, …, 9.
- The Padding option accepts the settings "Fixed", "Periodic", "Reversed", "Reflected", or a numeric value. A list of two settings can specify different paddings for each dimension.
Introduced in 2010Updated in 2014