convolves data with a radius-r Laplacian kernel.
uses radius ri at level i in data.
Details and Options
- LaplacianFilter is commonly used in image processing to highlight regions of rapid intensity change by approximating the second spatial derivatives of an image.
- The data can be any of the following:
list arbitrary-rank numerical array tseries temporal data such as TimeSeries, TemporalData, … image arbitrary Image or Image3D object audio an Audio object
- For multichannel images and audio signals, LaplacianFilter operates separately on each channel.
- LaplacianFilter[data,…] by default returns a result of the same dimensions as data.
- The following options can be given:
Padding "Fixed" padding method WorkingPrecision Automatic the precision to use
- With setting Padding->None, LaplacianFilter[data,…] normally returns a result smaller than data.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
WorkingPrecision is ignored when filtering images:
Properties & Relations (3)
Introduced in 2008
|Updated in 2012