represents video stored in the given file.
represents video stored in the given URL.
Details and Options
- Video[file] is a representation of a video file stored on the disk. The file may consist of multiple video, audio and subtitle tracks.
- The reference file file can be specified as a string or as a File object, referring to a supported video file such as AVI, MP4, Ogg, QuickTime.
- Video[Manipulate[…]] exports a Manipulate object into a video file and constructs a Video object from it.
- Supported video containers and decoders are listed in $VideoDecoders.
- Video is treated as a raw object by functions like AtomQ and for purposes of pattern matching.
- The following options can be specified:
Appearance Automatic appearance of the generated player AudioOutputDevice $DefaultAudioOutputDevice audio output device to use for playback ImageSize Automatic display size of the video frames RasterSize Automatic dimensions of video frames SoundVolume 1 sound volume
- Possible settings for Appearance are "Thumbnail", "Minimal" and "Basic".
- Information for Video may include the following properties:
"Duration" duration of the longest track "FrameRate" frame rate for each video track "RasterSize" image dimensions to use for video tracks "ResourcePath" path to the audio file "SampleRate" sampling rate for each audio track
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Create a Video object linking to a local file:
Properties & Relations (3)
Introduced in 2020