creates a new VideoStream object from a file or a URL including a livestream video.
is an object that represents a unique video stream.
Details and Options
- VideoStream is a handle to a Video object to programmatically control playback.
- Use VideoPlay to start playing back the video stream.
- Use VideoPause and VideoStop to pause or stop the playback or the recording.
- The following options can be specified:
AudioOutputDevice Automatic audio output device to use for playback ImageSize Automatic display size of the video frames Looping False whether to loop the playback RasterSize Automatic dimensions of video frames SoundVolume Automatic sound volume
- A list of available properties can be obtained using astream["Properties"].
- It is possible to set values of properties with astream["prop"]=val.
- Global properties:
"Duration" overall duration "ID" the stream ID "ImageSize" the size at which to display the video "Location" location of the linked video file "Looping" whether to loop the playback "Position" position of the playback given as a time Quantity "Status" status of the stream "AudioTrackCount" number of audio tracks "VideoTrackCount" number of video tracks "SubtitleTrackCount" number of subtitle tracks
- Possible settings for "Status" include "Playing", "Paused" or "Stopped".
- Current track properties:
"CurrentAudioTrack" index of the current audio track "CurrentAudio" snippet of the current audio "CurrentVideoTrack" index of the current video track "CurrentFrame" a frame of the current video "CurrentSubtitleTrack" index of the current subtitle track "CurrentSubtitle" snippet of the current subtitle
- Properties for the current audio track:
"AudioOutputDevice" audio output device to use for playback "AudioChannels" number of audio channels "SampleRate" audio sample rate "SoundVolume" sound volume "AudioEncoding" audio codec
- Properties for the current video track:
"FrameChannels" number of color channels "FrameRate" video frame rate "RasterSize" dimensions of the frame "VideoEncoding" video codec
- Properties for the current subtitle track:
"SubtitleEncoding" subtitle codec
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Create a VideoStream object linking to a local video file:
Basic Uses (4)
Wolfram Research (2020), VideoStream, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/VideoStream.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "VideoStream." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/VideoStream.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). VideoStream. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/VideoStream.html