gives the skeleton transform of image, in which the value of each skeleton pixel is its distance to the nearest background pixel.
treats values above t as foreground.
Details and Options
- SkeletonTransform effectively gives the medial axis of foreground objects multiplied with the distance transform.
- SkeletonTransform gives an Image object in which the value of each nonzero pixel is the absolute Euclidean distance in pixels to the nearest pixel of background.
- The inverse of SkeletonTransform can be computed using InverseDistanceTransform.
- For multichannel images, SkeletonTransform operates on the intensity averaged over all channels.
- SkeletonTransform[image] is equivalent to SkeletonTransform[image,0].
- The following options can be given:
Method "MedialAxis" whether to return the reduced medial axis Padding 0 padding scheme
- Possible settings for the Method option are "MedialAxis" and "ReducedMedialAxis".
Examplesopen allclose all
Introduced in 2010
|Updated in 2014