finds the skeletons of foreground regions in image by applying morphological thinning until convergence.
performs n iterations of morphological thinning.
treats values above t as foreground.
Details and Options
- Thinning[image,…] yields a binary image in which pixels representing the morphological skeleton have value 1 and others have value 0.
- Thinning[image] is equivalent to Thinning[image,Infinity].
- Thinning works with binary, grayscale, and arbitrary multichannel images, as well as real matrices.
- Thinning takes a Padding option that specifies the values to assume for pixels outside the image. The default setting is Padding->0.
- Thinning supports a Method option which specifies what thinning algorithm to be used. Possible settings include:
"Morphological" morphological thinning (default) "MedialAxis" approximate medial axis