- The following settings can be used:
Automatic automatically determine realization "Controllable" the controllable realization "ControllableCompanion" the controllable companion realization "Observable" the observable realization "ObservableCompanion" the observable companion realization
- The controllable form is obtained by computing the controllable companion form of the subsystems corresponding to each input and combining the results.
- For the proper transfer-function matrix , the controllable companion form is
- The identity matrix has dimension .
- The observable form is obtained by computing the observable companion form of the subsystems corresponding to each output and combining the results.
- For the proper transfer-function matrix , the observable companion form is
- The realizations are similar for discrete-time systems.
- For the improper transfer-function , the polynomial part is realized using descriptor variables, and the proper rational part is realized using the specified form. »
- StateSpaceModel[tfm,StateSpaceRealization->Automatic] gives the controllable realization of the transfer-function model tfm.
Examplesopen allclose all
Properties & Relations (4)
StateSpaceRealization affects the proper part of an improper transfer function:
Wolfram Research (2010), StateSpaceRealization, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/StateSpaceRealization.html (updated 2012).
Wolfram Language. 2010. "StateSpaceRealization." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2012. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/StateSpaceRealization.html.
Wolfram Language. (2010). StateSpaceRealization. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/StateSpaceRealization.html