gives the real-valued root of x.
- Surd[x,n] returns the real-valued root of real-valued x for odd n.
- Surd[x,n] returns the principal root for non-negative real-valued x and even n.
- For symbolic x in Surd[x,n], x is assumed to be real valued.
- Surd can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- Surd automatically threads over lists.
- In StandardForm, Surd[x,n] formats as .
- can be entered as surd, and moves between the fields.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (2)
Surd gives a real-valued root:
Possible Issues (1)
Neat Examples (1)
Introduced in 2012