represents a Gaussian white noise process with mean 0 and standard deviation 1.
represents a Gaussian white noise process with mean 0 and standard deviation σ.
represents a white noise process based on the distribution dist.
- WhiteNoiseProcess is also known as independent identically distributed (iid) process.
- WhiteNoiseProcess is a discrete-time random process.
- The slices of WhiteNoiseProcess are assumed to be independent and identically distributed random variables.
- The distribution dist can be any univariate distribution with mean 0 and finite variance.
- WhiteNoiseProcess can be used with such functions as Mean, PDF, Probability, and RandomFunction.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Compare with the property values for the corresponding MAProcess:
Properties & Relations (6)
WhiteNoiseProcess is a discrete-time process:
SliceDistribution[WhiteNoiseProcess[dist],t] is equal to dist:
Gaussian white noise is a special case of an MAProcess: