gives the Whittaker function .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- WhittakerM is related to the hypergeometric function by .
- vanishes at for .
- For certain special arguments, WhittakerM automatically evaluates to exact values.
- WhittakerM can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- WhittakerM automatically threads over lists.
- WhittakerM[k,m,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex plane running from to .
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (3)
Use FunctionExpand to expand in terms of hypergeometric functions:
Properties & Relations (4)
Introduced in 2007