writes the expressions expri in sequence, followed by a newline, to the specified output channel.
- The output channel used by Write can be a single file or pipe, or a list of them, each specified as a string "name", as File["name"], or as an OutputStream object.
- Write is a low-level Wolfram Language output function. Functions like Print and Message are defined in terms of it.
- If any of the specified files or pipes are not already open, Write calls OpenWrite to open them.
- Write does not close files and pipes after it finishes writing to them.
- By default, Write generates output in the form specified by the setting of the FormatType option for the output stream used.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (1)
Write to the stream:
Introduced in 1988Updated in 2016