Symbolic representations of notable constructions and theorems from plane geometry.
gives the value of a specified property.
gives the value of a list of properties.
AlternateNames alternate names AlternateScenes alternate scenes AlternateStatements alternate statements EntityClasses entity classes EponymousPeople eponymous people FormulationDates formulation dates FormulationSources formulation sources Formulators formulators GreekStatement statement in Greek HeathsStatement Heath's translation of Greek statement MathWorld related MathWorld terms Name name ProofDates proof dates ProofSources proof sources Provers provers RelatedDemonstrations related Wolfram Demonstrations RelatedScenes related geometric scenes Scene scene Statement statement
- "GeometricScene" entities include constructions and theorems from 2D Euclidean geometry.
- ["Scene"] gives the GeometricScene object representing the scene.
- "GeometricScene" entity classes include classes that describe the logical structure of a scene, such as "Constructions" and "Theorems", classes that describe the important geometric objects of a scene, such as "Lines" and "Circles", and classes of scenes coming from certain sources, such as "EuclidsElements" and "MathWorld".
- Some properties are available for the "GeometricScene" type as a whole and can be given using the form EntityValue["GeometricScene",property]. Such properties include:
"Properties" the list of available properties "PropertyCanonicalNames" the standard names of available properties "SampleEntities" a sample list of available entities (typically of length 10) "EntityCount" number of entities available "Entities" the list of available entities "EntityCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entities "EntityClasses" the list of available entity classes "EntityClassCanonicalNames" the standard names of available entity classes "PropertyCount" number of properties available
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["GeometricScene",property,annotation] for a property or list of properties:
"Association" a nested association with entity keys on the first level and property keys on the second level "Dataset" a dataset in which the specified entities are keys, and values are an association of property names and entity-property values "EntityAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values "NonMissingEntityAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values with the missing values dropped
- The following annotations can be used in the third argument of EntityValue["GeometricScene",properties,annotation] for a list of properties:
"EntityPropertyAssociation" an association in which the specified entities are keys, and values are a nested association of properties and entity-property values "NonMissingPropertyAssociation" an association of entities and entity-property values with the missing values dropped "PropertyAssociation" an association of properties and entity-property values "PropertyEntityAssociation" an association in which the specified properties are keys, and values are a nested association of entities and entity-property values
- The following annotation can be used in the second argument of EntityValue[property,annotation]:
"Description" a brief textual description of the property
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Get the underlying GeometricScene for an entity: