- Import and Export support PythonExpression.
- There is no associated file extension for PythonExpression. To execute ".py" files, use ExternalEvaluate.
- Python must be installed and configured on your system as described in Configure Python for ExternalEvaluate.
Import and Export
- General Import elements:
"Elements" list of elements and options available in this file "Rules" full list of rules for each element and option "Options" list of rules for options, properties and settings
- Details of elements...
"Data" the literal Python expression
- ImportString uses the "Data" element by default.
- The symbol Null is represented as the Python value "None".
- Not all Python built-in types are supported. The supported Python types are:
tuple List an ordered sequence of values dictionary Association an association of keys and values int Integer arbitrary-sized integer long Integer arbitrary-sized integer float Real real-valued number complex Complex a complex number list List a sequence of values boolean True|False Boolean values string String a sequence of character values None Null null value
Basic Examples (6)
Export an Association as a Python dictionary:
Confirm it is the same as using the "ReturnType" of "Expression":
Introduced in 2017