"City" (Text Content Type)
Text identified as the name of a city.
- "City" can be used in TextCases, TextPosition and TextContents.
- "City" corresponds to any mention of a city (real or not real) in the context of the text.
- Homonyms of cities that are not cities should not be detected as "City" (if the context allows disambiguation).
- TextCases[…,"City""Interpretation"] attempts to return entities of type "City", as Interpreter["City"] does.
- Any specific "City" entity such as can also be used as a content type in TextCases, TextPosition and TextContents.
Basic Examples (3)
Find occurrences of cities in a text:
Get the result as a list of "City" entities:
A similar result can be obtained by applying Interpreter["City"] to text snippets:
Get properties about occurrences of cities: