gives the Bessel function of the second kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- satisfies the differential equation .
- BesselY[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for BesselY.
- For certain special arguments, BesselY automatically evaluates to exact values.
- BesselY can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- BesselY automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 1999